Freshmen and Sophomores
For freshmen and sophomore physics and engineering students who are considering teaching, we recommend the WVUteach program.
WVUteach is an innovative program that combines in-depth science or mathematics education with teacher preparation. WVUteach students can graduate in four years with both a bachelor’s degree in mathematics or science and be certified to teach high school math or science. Engineering and other STEM majors can complete the program with careful attention to choice of electives.
- More career options after graduation
- Direct access to experienced Master Teachers of science and mathematics
- Actual teaching experiences which begin the first semester of your WVUteach classes
- Scholarships and paid internships
- The opportunity to find out early if teaching is right for you